Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Decision made, no more multiplayer streaming until I get better internet

On 3/3/2020, I decided to run some tests with my new internet connection to see what I would be capable of on my encoder without causing too many problems with the games themselves (provided the game was online multiplayer).  Keep in mind with my 10 Mbps upload rate with Xfinity, I was able to stream with no bandwidth problems at 3000 kbps (probably could have even gone higher).  What I found was that in Fortnite, I had to lower the encoding bitrate a whopping 2000 kbps (this was a mere 1000 kbps left) to play the game without lag while streaming & the videos when I went back through them were blocky as hell (even in the recorded versions).  At this point it's been determined that streaming multiplayer games while I'm stuck with this shit upload rate with CenturyLink just is not an option, however recording & uploading to YouTube is still optional (not to Twitch while uploads are tied in with premiers).  On the other hand, I should still be able to stream single player games at 2500 kbps, but as it is now, I can't see streaming blocky video that nobody wants to watch is an option, I will have to wait until Google Fiber because available in my area, I can't really go back to paying over $100 per month on disability income alone with Xfinity & I wouldn't while they are still claiming there's an early-termination fee on my closed account (I was told there wasn't an active contract only 4 days prior)...

Twitch version
lower quality public version

Twitch version embed broken due to API change, have not managed to get it fixed yet

YouTube version
Higher quality unlisted version with moderated comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.