Thursday, February 27, 2020

ISP switch currently a bust, Twitch streams are currently up in the air

The attempt to switch to CenturyLink for the time being has been unsuccessful, the technician not only leaving before the order had been completed, but the modem currently is getting no connection to the internet after recycling the power on it. Until the order is completed, it looks like I'm still stuck with Xfinity. Using the connection I still have with Xfinity, I spoke to 2 representatives to get this matter resolved over the phone for close to 1 hour & 36 minutes, looks like CenturyLink is still incapable of being able to tell who is supposed to fix what & they are still bouncing customers around like ping pong balls (this is what originally got me to switch from them back in 2014)...

I still don't know where this is going or when I'm going to have a stable internet connection with a new ISP, ultimately it's looking better to just remove the boost option from my Xfinity bill & eat the lower speeds with higher costs if CenturyLink can't get their shit in order... Most of my day today has already been wasted with what CenturyLink has been dragging out & the installation technician leaving with the statement of, "That's on you" when I stated we needed to figure out why the modem wouldn't work with my router (attempting to put the modem into bridge mode, which made the administration interface inaccessible & an internet connection completely lost after recycling the power).

Currently the status of streams regarding my Twitch channel are up in the air as I'm not certain where the status of my ISP is going, temporary or not, I can't get anything affordable that is dependable & this is killing my ability to do anything online worthwhile... I'll give another update when I know better where this is going, but I currently don't have anything concrete, I may end up abandoning this switch & just lowering my speed with Xfinity to get the bill down a bit or actually considering going with a satellite provider as a temporary solution until I have something dependable to switch to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.