Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Patreon changes incoming...maybe

Shortly after making the following post to my Patreon creator page, I got an email from Patreon linking to this site.  It seems that our grievances have been heard, while I'm not going to hold my breath on it, it's possible that they are going to make changes in the future to stop misdetections & false classifications as has happened in the past.  I still will not be seeking to remove the misclassification of my creator page as previously stated, I will wait to see if they are going to do it themselves & show any relevance as to why I received this email.  Back when I attempted to appeal the decision, I made a suggestion that non-adult content creator pages should allow specific posts to be self-flagged as adult-only so those posts would be restricted & not the entire creator account; we'll see if anything like this happens now that it's become obvious they are aware of the problems with their auto-flagging system.

One other thing to note is I did a whois on the domain for this site that has the video on it, it appears this domain was only registered in February of this year (updated March 20th), it's only now that people are coming forward that they are making it a point to state that what's happening is unacceptable & unfair to those that spend their time creating content & getting shafted by penalties as a result of faulty heuristics that will misclassify their pages & expunge them from any method that would still give them a findable existence on the web.  We'll just have to see if anything happens in the near future to correct this, Patreon has made changes in the past to try to adapt for these shortfalls (some good, some REALLY bad), only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.