Saturday, March 7, 2020

Console game streams on hold, Elgato/Twitch server malfunction at fault

Occasionally I streamed to Twitch from my PlayStation 3, however I recently found that I was running into an error when attempting to change the game name in my Elgato Game Capture HD software stating that I was getting a 404 error from Twitch regarding no response on the ingest server.

This particular issue might very well put the nail in the coffin in being able to continue streaming games on console systems in general (not just the PS3) until Elgato is able to fix this problem...

Up until now, I have been very adamant that Elgato was the way to go if you were going to be recording or streaming console games, but as you can see here (and apparently a number of people have been complaining about this, I found a long thread of replies with this same complaint on their Facebook page started back in 2013), I'm afraid I can't suggest Elgato as the optimal video capture device anymore, we'll just have to see if it gets fixed sooner or later...  I'll give it some time to see if the issue ever gets fixed, but I am intending on publishing a negative review against Elgato if the issue doesn't get resolved after a few months.  Of course this could very well be an issue on Twitch's side also, I wouldn't put it past them to have destroyed this software's streaming capabilities after what happened to the PS3 Twitch app (I suppose I can always stream console games to another site until it's fixed with Twitch)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.