Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Internet Stalking (Its_goon_baby) begins

Originally posted to Twitch 9/8/2017

Got another attack on my channel today from Twitch user its_goon_baby, this time in the form of following me into the same match in Fortnite solely for the purpose of griefing. A Highlight of this can be found at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173355286 . So where's the proof that this started in Twitch? When I exited the game, I realized he was sitting in my chat channel (I have screenshots showing that he was in the channel & also that I banned him for the harassment/internet stalking) & it appears he used my username in the game displayed in my channel to join my match (by display name) & the video proves that, as well as his nonchalant attitude towards pointing out that I was both recording & broadcasting (the latter he obviously knew about, seeing as he was already in the channel); he didn't seem to care when I stated I was going to be reporting him to Epic Games as well.

Taking it a step further, I also reported him to Twitch using the Highlight as proof.

Furthermore, a thread was started on the Epic Games Fortnite forums about it (as a sort of report, however the official report will be made through the game later when I have the higher-quality video uploaded to YouTube), a link to that thread can be found in the description of the video.

In order to publicly give proof that he was sitting in my channel at the time I ended the stream (to start processing the highlight), I believe I will be adding this user to the Twitch user blacklist on my personal site as well (with full details regarding the attack).

As to what prompted the attack, that's still to be determined, but I would expect probably one of the followers from either Mezigoto's or Ring_of_Favor's channel in retaliation to the bans & long blacklist articles regarding those users. I don't expect this to be the last attack of this kind, I do however know that I can block them when it does happen & seeing as Fortnite won't be F2P until 2018, the person responsible for this attack has likely lost money on the game in response to this harassment (I'm hoping his account will be banned on Epic Games, not that I expect Twitch will do anything about his account as he didn't harass me directly through Twitch, however he did "stalk" me through my stream in another game & if it becomes hostile as it did with PSN user EPICMINECRAFT25, I may need to get the police involved & have subpoenas issued again). Of course I wouldn't be surprised if he reversed the charge with Epic Games when his account gets banned (I expect he probably purchased the game when he realized he could grief me through it, planning on reversing the charge anyways should he get banned; his Twitch channel obviously had no activity on it prior to his harassment on my channel, it only got a few views when I was verifying my suspicions of it being a trolling account, getting a link to his profile for various reports/publications & to report him to Twitch), of course that will GUARANTEE he never plays another game on the Epic Games platform again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.