Sunday, October 20, 2019

Health update, surgery may be needed, streams will be spotty at best


After looking into the blood loss issue further, it appears that another surgery may be needed (hopefully with better results than the one back around mid-2018).  I'll have to start with some doctor appointments & work up from there, but I at least know where it's going (this will mean more downtime after the surgery).

Regarding the back problem, I'm still having problems with my left shoulder, but may attempt to do a stream here & there when the pain isn't too bad (trying to avoid oral pain killers because it's believed that they are thinning my blood & causing more severe bleeding issues; I have cream for this, but it's difficult to apply it on my back on my own), they just might be short streams until I can get the pain to subside completely (the pain on my right shoulder disappeared after a couple days, so the pain on the left should eventually disappear also, but it's been nearly a week & it's still almost as bad as when it started).  Console system games (or PC games with a gamepad) may be more appropriate until the pain has subsided on my left shoulder, I might consider doing some streams on them until the worst of this issue is over.

UPDATE
 
Patreon got back to me on 10/21/2019 & confirmed that while my personal content may not be adult-oriented, certain terms in certain posts were the expected reason for this creator page getting flagged as such. They gave me the option of deleting those posts & re-appealing to have the page reverted.

Unfortunately the terms they pointed out were a part of the names of those games (in a number of the Free Game updates) & I don't feel like leaving patrons in the dark on those giveaways.  Another option would be to move them to another site & restricted by account login (should be simple enough through Blogger, but would require the patron to contact me with a valid Google account to give them access).

For the time being, I've decided I'm going to leave the page in the inaccurate classification until those giveaways have expired, then I'll consider appealing again after the adult-content posts have been cleared.  I will allow patrons to voice their opinions on this (contact me privately if you wish to remain anonymous, as some have already voiced that concern before becoming a patron).

One other thing of note is that it appears they are going to take into consideration my suggestion of allowing singular age-restricted posts on creator pages that are not age-restricted; if this happens, this will mean less time that this page gets stuck in an inaccurate classification due to giveaways with terms in the game names that are going to trigger what happened on the 19th (and still remains).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.