Sunday, November 15, 2020

Done waiting for Epic Games, going to stream other games

I've decided I've put my gaming life on hold for long enough waiting for Epic Games to fix their launcher, I WILL be running some other games & considering they will likely be single player, I will be streaming them on Twitch to boot (given even with the lower upload rate after I had to make cuts to my expenses, single player games shouldn't be affected by streaming taking the majority of my bandwidth capabilities).

Some (if not most) of the games that I was considering streaming unfortunately use the Unreal Engine, so I'll either need to not stream those games or make it a point that I don't recommend those games & point out why it is.  One thing I do make sure is done when I'm doing a boycott against a company (which in this case, not only targets any games developed or published by Epic Games, but also any game using their engine, as those companies have to pay a fee to Epic Games to be able to use their engine) is that any direct links in the Now Playing section of my channel that would result in a purchase of the game are removed; I suspect this is what I'll be doing should I attempt to stream games like Scourge: Outbreak or XCOM, along with details why that information has been removed & what needs to happen before I am going to recommend these games again.  Tomorrow I'm expecting to start streaming again while waiting for Epic Games to fix the mess they made in their 10/28/2020 launcher update (which is no longer limited to just login issues on operating systems before Windows 10; additional reports on their Facebook page has confirmed that some people can't even log in on Windows 10, there's an issue with logging in with linked accounts since the removal of the Apple login option & Uplay activations are currently broken if you try to play them over the Epic Games launcher).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.