Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Auto-hosting disabled & changes coming during/after Fortnite streams


Auto-hosting was disabled on my channel as of yesterday, this means channels will only be manually hosted to avoid the technical issues I've been having for the past month (roughly).

Additionally, I've run into another issue while streaming Fortnite, this has to do with the new song that is forced since the start of the Fall 2019 event that added music (as well as emotes & now pickaxes) from Battle Royal, which ends up being the Sparkles music if you haven't purchased anything else to replace it (where anything else played would probably get flagged anyways).  At this point, Twitch is audio vandalizing my streams as a result of this music & I don't currently have the option to disable it (outside of disabling music entirely, however I lose my edge of knowing mist monsters are in the vicinity if I do).

In any case, the audio vandalism is going to result in some changes that viewers may not be happy with, as well as I know Twitch won't be happy with (this has been clear since the removal of custom tags, which is expected to have happened as I was using a tag called audio vandalism) whenever audio was muted due to the game's soundtrack).  I've come to know what games are going to have mutes in them based on the soundtrack of the game, it appears that Fortnite is now being added to that list.  Games where I knew there was going to be mutes, I would only respond to viewers over text in chat (rather than voice), however these videos are used in violation reports to Epic Games, so I'll either need to consider going with disabling music entirely or linking the YouTube versions of those videos in the descriptions of the highlights on Twitch (hopefully they won't get muted on YouTube as well, otherwise I'll have to re-consider using another host to host those videos, possibly even going as far as hosting them on my personal site instead of using a standard video sharing site), as I already know that appeals on Twitch do no good (they never have in the past).

Additionally, I'm going to start pointing out how often a video gets audio vandalized (via the description & titles of past broadcasts) by taking note of how many times the video gets flagged for whatever music (not only in Fortnite, but also other games where this has been an issue).  Aside from descriptions & titles on Twitch, there's also a review I started years ago on my personal site titled Copyright Confusion (this review in particular is the expected reason why Twitch keeps lowering the value of gained revenue on paid subscriptions towards my channel on Twitch, which is why subscribers only get what is calculated as revenue based on Twitch's calculations at this point, but they do gain a viewing multiplier on points), which details that the rights to use music should be transferred by the games that are using them when being streamed, however despite being a part of the game's soundtrack, sites like Twitch & YouTube obviously don't feel this is accurate & as a result, you see penalizations being put in place like mutes on Twitch & account strikes (video deletions, mutes, region restrictions or forced monetization by the owner) on YouTube (which is why I might re-open my DailyMotion account & see if I have any better luck over there).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.