Thursday, September 5, 2024

Getting fiber, expecting to start up streams again

I received a phone call yesterday regarding fiber now being available in my neighborhood through CenturyLink (or more accurately, was available since March of 2022, so I'm getting notice roughly 2 and a half years late).  I have set up a date to have it installed, as well a getting my speeds updated to a fiber plan, so my 40 mbps download & 3 upload will be upgraded to 500 mbps both ways.  This means that streaming of online games will be an option again, so I'm expecting I will start streaming again once I have the new connection rates, as early as the 17th when it's installed.

Note that I no longer play Fortnite however (I don't even have this game installed anymore), not after Epic Games stole 4 years of my life from collecting V-Bucks for use in the Save the World mode (roughly 37,100 V-Bucks forcibly transferred to the Battle Royale mode, a mode I don't play).
I have been playing a lot of Warframe lately, so there's a very high likelyhood that this will be the first game I stream once I am able to do so again.
I am still looking for a decent method to be able to stream from console systems again (spending a lot of time & money on Nintendo Switch games after the attacks from Steam trolls started targeting me over multiple sites); it may require new hardware, but ultimately console system games could become a part of the Twitch channel again (if I can find something that actually works, Elgato still ignoring requests for the old Game Capture HD to be fixed with Twitch streaming).

One final note is that it appears health issues are still going to be playing a part in how long I will be able to stream...  After going back to my old surgeon, it's been determined that the masses that have to be removed are too big & is currently determined to be inoperable...  If I do go back to them again, I'm considering asking if skin grafting could be an option.  In any case, this issue is causing an ongoing issue that results in anemia as a result of loss of blood, so if I do get back to Twitch streaming, periods of how long I can stream for may be limited...

The other issue here is that because of the mass attacks from Steam, my channels are still on high alert & therefore high restrictions are still in place.  This shouldn't affect anybody who has an account over a year old, has followed the channel for over 6 months or has a verified phone number on their account, but for those who haven't met any of these conditions, chatting in the channel won't be an option...  These restrictions won't be reverted back to what is normal until 2 years after the last attack, which is currently expected to be 5/30/2026.  Additionally, permissions on my Discord server still remain as invite only & invites are only offered to those I trust on request, this will continue until the 2-year period has expired since the last attack from Steam trolls.

Due to cutoffs from certain PC gaming platforms, I will not be able to run games over their platforms until I am able to acquire a copy of Windows 10 (or higher) to be able to continue running these platforms & gain back the option to run games I already own over them (this includes a number of games that were updated since then & no longer run on Windows 7).  Due to my personal site & this blog being blacklisted on Bing, I am unwilling to put any more money into Microsoft, so any legitimate copy of a newer OS will only happen if gifted to me (I won't waste any of my own money on any more Microsoft products, this was also a deterant to getting an XBOX system when it was being considered, instead going back to Nintendo when I got a Switch).

Current games & platforms that I have confirmed as not runnable on my current OS include (but are not limited to) the following:

  • Ubisoft Connect (formerly Uplay)
  • 7 Days to Die
  • For Honor 
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • No Man's Sky
  • Soulworker
Note that this is only a small portion of this list, there are plenty of other games that I haven't considered streaming or playiing yet & some games that aren't allowed to be streamed on Twitch or videos of those games uploaded to YouTube. I will continue adding to the list as I run into more games owned that I can no longer run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.