Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Further hosting functions broken

As I continued to mess with it, I found that there were additional functions broken with Twitch hosting, not only with auto-hosting, but also with manual hosts.  What I found was that in addition to auto-hosting not working, manual hosts also were not showing on the website.  I did however manage to find out that hosts were still being listed over mobile & Shield apps (Google Play).  It's possible that host listings might still be working on the PC client, but I haven't used this in several months (only using it for a short period to test whether it got past certain buffering issues when I was using my primary browser to get other things done while watching/listening to a stream on Twitch, removing it when I realized that the PC client shared modules with my primary brower & still buffered when using Firefox, resorting to Microsoft Edge to double-lurk channels when I still needed to get something done in Firefox).  So while manual hosts may seem pointless if you use Twitch primarily through a PC browser, it still has some use if you have followers that may use a mobile/media player (such as the nVidia Shield/Shield TV) app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.