Friday, October 8, 2021

Email notifications now broken as well...

Another thing I've noticed is that email notifications appear to have stopped, so I no longer get notified of channels going live, which limits the amount of hosts I've been able to throw out due to lack of intended functionality (unless this was intended to be broken).  Statements from other streamers I have on my frequent host list would indicate that they are affected by this same issue & this issue would appear to be global (as with which was later to determined with the hosting and auto-hosting issues, as well as listing of hosted channels on their website).

While this appears to be no longer functional through email (my main form of notifications on live streams on Twitch), I have found that notifications still work through my browser (if I have it running & am at my computer when a channel starts streaming).

These notifications have displayed a problem for some time with multiple notification throughout a stream (the longer a stream ran, the more notifications you would receive).  It's possible these could have been disabled to battle this problem, however the same issue also affects other forms of notifications (mobile app & browser notifications) so disabling the email notifications just cut off those that relied on them, it didn't solve anything...

In addition to the lack of email notifications, this is also cutting off the time I watch, host, lurk or subscribe to other channels because I simply don't know they are running unless I am already on Twitch (unless I'm using my browser as the time & don't have those notifications muted, as I have them muted while playing, recording or streaming other games myself).  I do check every so often to see if anybody is streaming, but I've noticed that I am not getting full use of my Amazon Prime sub as often as I could due to broken auto-hosting, hosting & notifications on Twitch..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.