Wednesday, June 9, 2021

YouTube video corruption

I started noticing that videos uploaded to YouTube starting on 6/7/2021 were getting corrupted after YouTube finished processing those videos (while being unable to stream online multiplayer games to Twitch until I have decent internet again, I have still been recording gameplay for upload to YouTube when I run into something I feel is worth preserving).  I wasted a couple days trying to get this resolved on their site (limiting my game time as a result, even more so than the health issues that started limiting my gameplay back when I was still streaming to Twitch), reprocessing & reuploading multiple times to try & fix the end result, unfortunately there was always corruption on their end despite my best efforts to try and get a different result.

On 6/8/2021, I decided to take a different route in providing an uncorrupted version of these videos, this came through providing the original videos (prior to being uploaded to YouTube) on my personal site, allowing downloading of them & providing links to those downloads in each description (as well as creating a playlist to remind me of which videos I would need to fix later once determined that the corruption issue had been fixed on their end).

I'm also considering finding another site to upload them to that won't be affected by the corruption issue, I may start uploading those videos there as streaming alternatives to downloading uncorrupted versions if this issue takes too long to be corrected...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.