Thursday, February 27, 2020

Bug report & feedback to Epic Games

On 2/27/2020, I started to get fed up with changed made to make Fortnite StW more like BR & because I needed to file a bug report anyways, I made a very detailed Feedback message to Epic Games regarding all the changes they are making to make StW more enjoyable for BR player, but as a result, are pushing away StW players that don't care for BR.  This feedback message was as follows:
After the interface rehash, I've noticed that the tracking function has become near useless due to removal of the overlays that show mat availability for whatever is being tracked; the only thing "tracking" a schematic does at this point is pins it at the top of that section when you have your inventory visible.  I always wanted to see this function updated to allow tracking of mats for crafted down versions of that schematic, but seeing as this overlay has been removed, I'm going to assume this function is going to be retired anyways...

I was one of the original Fortnite players, never a fan of BR, only sticking to StW.  Every change that is made to StW to make it more like BR only makes me lose further interest in the mode that I stick to.  One might say I am biased against BR, which wouldn't be too far from the truth; harassment from a single BR streamer rallying others to join him on his retaliation movement to a report filed against him in StW (with evidence video) on 2/19/2018 targeting any online profile of mine he can find for over 2 years would do that to anybody (and that bugger is still able to access BR today, despite my attempts to make his aimbotting activity over multiple games more visible, especially in Battle Royale; Twitch even "rewarded" his poor behavior with a Partner status).  The more StW is made to be like BR, the less enjoyment I get from it & I may eventually stop playing Fortnite entirely if it goes much further.

I know that BR has a higher priority than StW does & much of what StW players say will go unheard, so as long as this trend continues, StW players will continue to stop playing the game (most of the larger StW streamers I followed for StW have already stopped playing the game or play it very minimally) & I may be following suit in the near future as long as StW continued to take functions & visual perspectives from BR, a mode I will never be able to get into because any possibility of enjoying it has been ruined by a single individual & those he recruited to do his bidding...  Sooner or later the only people that will be left playing StW will be the BR players & they only care about the V-Bucks they can take from that mode to purchase BR skins, is this really what StW needs to be degraded to, a V-Buck farm for BR players?
In all honesty, I don't see this as making any difference other than maybe seeing a change in that now dysfunctional tracking function, the rest of it will likely get ignored, I would be more expecting to find myself on the receiving end of a ban for speaking my mind (that would be the end of all Epic Games purchased for me in the foreseeable future if that happened, a full boycott along with any other game that use the Unreal Engine, an engine developed by Epic Games, where they receive royalties from companies for using it in their games).  I don't expect anything will happen, but I will certainly give an update on this blog if something does come out of it (or further publications on my personal site if it does turn into a full boycott).

The purpose in making this statement public is so that it doesn't go unheard, even if Epic Games chooses to ignore it & the outcome is more personally unfavorable than beneficial to pure StW players (if "pure" can even be used at this point, StW has already been tainted by BR mechanics & it just gets worse over time), at least what was said will still be heard to those with open minds & others that have also had the same discrepancies against changes to make StW more like BR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.