Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Technical issues (followers & hosting)

Twitch has made a number of changes with their site that is screwing with how rewards are done on my channel, as well as how I support other streamers.  As a heads up for those that aren't aware of what I'm talking about, this means that notifications through StreamElements are for the most part broken & I'm having to add point bonuses manually, as well as check for when a new follower has followed (this means that bonuses may not get issued until after the stream has ended, but I still go through the logs/stats to make sure everybody gets what is coming to them).  Additionally, I'm also not getting all the follower email notifications, so I'm have to cross-reference stats between 3 or 4 different pages to make sure followers, hosts & subscribers are getting the point bonuses that are due to them.

The other thing that is broken here has to do with auto-hosts, one of the primary functions I have set in place to support other streamers & I noticed today that these don't appear to be working either (not to mention the permissions keep getting changed; I don't allow reruns to be auto-hosted, but somehow this got switched to on when I was going through the permissions on my account to try & fix it).  Until these issues get resolved, the only way I can support other streamers will be when I am actually online, which is going to be a HUGE drop in the support I was showing them in the past, but I'm still doing what I can despite the circumstances...

Aside from that, I've noticed that the calculated revenue by Twitch keeps dropping (started at around $2.32 for my first paid subscription, I'm now down to $2.07 per paid subscription), this is why flat-rate point bonuses on paid Twitch subscriptions are no longer 1 point per cent spent on those subscriptions & instead award a point bonus based on what Twitch counts as revenue towards the channel (not including their cut), but I did add a 5x multiplier (1 points per minute in the channel, as apposed to 1 point every 5 minutes for non-subscribers) to compensate for the loss in points based on Twitch's continuing drop in what portion they are stating is my cut in paid subscriptions (still not reaching the $100 minimum to cash out after close to a year).

I'll keep looking for ways to get these technical issues resolved, but for the time being, there's not a lot I can do about it on my side, I'll just have to spend more time going over logs & stats to make sure people & streamers are getting what is due to them (whether it be points, follows, hosts and/or lurks).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated; only civil responses will be allowed to be shown, abusive comments will be reported, deleted and the user banned from this blog.